Participants and Caregivers
Who Should Attend
Adults that are 18 yrs and older...
- who require assistance during the day
- whose children care for them and also work outside the home
- whose children care for them but need a break from the day to day responsibilities of caring for these special adults
Benefits to Participants
- Learning/growth opportunities
- Community involvement
- Social opportunities
- Increased self-esteem
- Increased self-care capacity and independence
- Monitoring of health needs
Benefits to Families
- Keeping the family together as long as possible
- Offering respite from the role of constant caregiver
- Enabling the caregiver to continue to work
- Providing quality, affordable care
Enrollment and FeesA patient's acceptance and enrollment are determined through a personal interview with the participant and his/her family. This interview can be done when the participant and the family meet with the program coordinator during a FREE trial visit to the center. At this time an assessment is performed to determine if the participant will benefit from the program, and if the program can meet the participant's needs. There is no fee for the assessment visit. Financial assistance may be available. Long-term care insurances and Veterans Administration Benefits may provide payment for daycare services. Please call for more information.
Contact UsTo visit our center and set up your participant interview call DayBreak Adult Day Health Center at (252) 338-4375 or stop by to see us at 1407 Parkview Drive, Elizabeth City, NC 27909.
Albemarle Home Care can be reached at (252) 338-4066, toll free at 1-800-478-0477, or TTY/TTD at 7-1-1. You may also contact Albemarle Home Care by email below.