Coming to terms with a life-threatening illness brings about fear, anxiety, and concerns along with tremendous medical challenges. Albemarle Home Care's Bridge Program is the only one of its kind in the Albemarle area and is designed for this time of need.
Click a link below to learn more.
- Life-threatening illness
- Homebound with a skilled need per Medicare definition
- Potential need for pain and symptom management
- Recent emergency department or hospital stay, or at risk for such
- To address symptoms related to physical, emotional, spiritual concerns
- To decrease need for emergency department visits or hospitalization
- To assist with management of side effects of treatment
- To educate patient and family about disease process, medication management, and crisis management in the home
- To anticipate changes in condition and have appropriate plans in place
- To help seriously ill patients transition to hospice program if appropriate
- Assisted Living Facility
- Interdisciplinary Team (nurse, nursing assistant, social worker, chaplain) provides home visits for pain and symptom management, patient and family support and education
- Team collaborates with primary physician
- Receiving a hospice benefit
- Nursing home resident
- Requires more care than can be provided in the home
Call Albemarle Home Care at (252) 338-4066, toll free at 1-800-478-0477, TTY/TTD at 7-1-1, or ask your physician if the bridge program is appropriate for you.